Sunday, July 4, 2010

experiment!

Stimulating to make changes, isn't it? I think I love the new black background of this blog and just discovered that it's now possible to add pages, making the blog a little more like an actual website, I think. So I'm going to try to add more pages soon.

Anyway, I've just added a netbook to the arsenal of my communication weaponry, so am hoping that uploading photos and other media to this blog will be more easily (and quickly) accomplished.

Here are a couple of shots of the neighborhood around my office that I took while on a morning break the other day. I needed coffee (Stumptown) and a toasted pumpernickle bagel with scallion schmear, and had the impulse to bring my camera along. I love it when I do that!

This morning I spent quite awhile processing the shot of the white roses, playing with layers and effects. I think I have a crush on this photograph and might print and frame it this week.



And then I switched over to older family shots and found this one of my grandson, Oscar, from last January when he was so sick with the flu. Poor little guy was miserable, and later that day spent quite a few hours in the emergency room, rehydrating. Of course he recovered, and now is a strapping toddler of 18 months who waved and said "hi!" to me last week via Skype. I can't wait to see him in person soon.

Just want to say YAY!! and thank you to the techies who've made my recent upgrades possible.

No comments: